View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:34   #3399
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I use my DVD recorder to watch the terrestrial HD channels received through my aerial. The recorder upscales to near UHD quality.
So that is upscaled SD. Upscaled SD can look very good, but it won't compare to good UHD (or HD).

That said, Quality is subjective, and resolution can be misleading. One of my jobs at work is to lend students equipment. Predominantly Laptops, Cameras and Microphones. The cameras we had varied from low-end camcorders up to a couple of RED Ones (the camera body alone is over £20,000, so you can easily pay over £30,000 for a full kit including lenses, mounts, batteries, tripods and a viewfinder). The low end cameras were Sony Mini DV camcorders, and were getting old, so my boss went out and bought a load of low end Sanyo Full HD Digital Video camcorders. The picture on the videos recorded on these cameras was awful. Far worse than the SD picture recorded by the Sony Mini DVs.

Yet, the specs of the cameras were considerably better than the Sonys they replaced.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote