View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 11:04   #3393
lightmyfire
Inactive

lightmyfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Ok my first post.

A bit of background before I rant on. Yes I am a self confessed geek and got Sky a few weeks after it was launched all those years ago. And it was bloody cold on the roof directing my dish manually. Had Sky in many guises until finally at £130+ a month I said enough is enough and moved to BT. Also have dabbled with Openvix, Kodi etc.

So anyway the lure of 350mb broadband was too much so I bought out of my latest BT contract (Virgin had tempted me with £150 credit).

And what a shock!!! The interface for the V6 is appalling. 'Traditional' Sky (not exprienced Q), BT and even my customised Kodi and Openvix devices knock spots off it. i cannot believe how poor an interface is.

Given the competition i.e. Sky Q, surely a new front end must be on the cards.

Oh and I had heard that HD quality isn't the best. Well after switching from BT to Virgin I can certainly concur with that. A definate slight blurring.

I mean loads of stuff on catchup arent there from the night before and often series are missing episodes

You know what - I've got 11 months left. Can't wait to switch back to BT despite only getting 38mb braodband.

Sorry, don't mean to offend here. And hoepfully i can provide constructive feedback/answers as well.

Rant over
lightmyfire is offline   Reply With Quote