View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 21:32   #7512
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
My MP submitted a question to the Home Office and today I recieved a letter with the response. I've typed it out below:

cut....
The Information Commissioner's Office has provided a view that Targeted Online Advertising could operate in a way that is in compliance with the Data Protection Act, but that he is keeping the targeted online advertising products under review and will be strongly influenced by the experience of those users who choose to participate in any trials and the way in which they are able to make that decision to participate.

Tony McNulty
So it doesn't matter if it's illegal, let's just wait and see if there is any perceived outcry. I hope the EC gives the ICO a right old rollicking at some point. I am getting very angry with this lacklustre Government. This is an absolute disgrace the way the Government is handling this.

Phorm is illegal!

START LISTENING TO THE PUBLIC GORDON BROWN! THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU!

They are so deep inside their ivory towers they have not got any clue what's going on in the real world.

Let us all make sure there is one hell of an outcry!