Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 17:51   #104
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I can easily see Sky2 being repurposed given that the repeats it currently shows can be easily redistributed across the broader portfolio.

Would they get rid of SYFY in the short term though? They are acquiring new shows for it (Blood & Treasure and Twilight Zone) as well as using it for Westworld repeats... plus like E!, it’s still a brand used across the NBCU footprint so does make me wonder if it may still have some life in it in the short to medium term.
Neither can I re: SyFy. The US version commissions their own shows and puts the branding on the start of them, so the SyFy branding would still be present. Sky1 shows more "action" shows than SyFy, but it's been around so long I can't see it disappearing any time soon.

Sky2 is a gonner though. I wouldn't even be that surprised if Witness was rebranded again.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote