View Single Post
Old 31-10-2018, 09:50   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Opening ports on a Virgin Hub 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchesh View Post
Thanks - I thought of that, but the device does not have an IP address yet. Not sure how the port forwarding words without one of those
I have never used any shub in router mode so I am not au fait with the gui but on a normal router you would connect the device to your network, let the router see the mac address and assign it an ip address and then go into a lan management/dhcp leasing option and assign a static ip address to the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
The path of least resistance is to use Modem Mode and buy a reasonable router. My pick is the ASUS RT-AC68U.
me too, and an example of what I have already described above is below and this is how easy and straight forward things should be if you have a proper router:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Don't forget, your time and piece of mind is worth something
couldn't have said it better myself
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote