View Single Post
Old 29-10-2018, 21:49   #4
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Opening ports on a Virgin Hub 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchesh View Post
Thanks - I thought of that, but the device does not have an IP address yet. Not sure how the port forwarding words without one of those
Wouldn't bother. The Hub 3.0 is a POS.You cannot even reliably assign fixed ip addresses to MAC addresses. The path of least resistance is to use Modem Mode and buy a reasonable router.

My pick is the ASUS RT-AC68U. Good router that you can buy on eBay for ~£70-80.

Don't forget, your time and piece of mind is worth something ..

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Forget to ask: when you say "video doorbell", do you mean the Ring device? I have one connected to my ASUS network and it works fine ..

I did not have to add any port forwarding in my router for the doorbell. I may be wrong but if the router supports UPnP (which the Hub 3.0 claims to) then you just need to connect to the 2.4GHz network.

Please PM me if you want to discuss anything?