View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 17:02   #224
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

I did challenge him on the FTA thing but he then went into fluff about "official updates". My main concern is to get the box working properly first and I'll worry about BBC 1 HD at a later date.

I tried to run through the procedure that Arthur posted but I don't see the things that he describes. In a different menu section I can add a Transponder but the numbers it wants don't seem to tally with Arthur's.

I get a rock solid picture on the first 20 or so channels up to CBS Reality after which it all goes a bit wibbly. The majority of channels show weak signal and some have a squiffy picture with or without sound which is usually interrupted by high pitched pops. I'm figuring I must be on target for the satellite(s) as I'm getting such good reception on some of the channels. Also, any turning of the LNB seems to make things worse. So my only option as far as I can see is to go up a bit. Does that seem logical?

John
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote