View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 16:42   #222
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

As yet, no response from Ross re: the model differences.

However, I am going slowly insane with this thing. After much faffing about and managing to break my F connector cable I now appear to be back almost where I started.

I seem to have got a slight improvement on reception (showing 60% now on some channels) but other channels (CBS Reality) show as "Signal Weak". I'm loathe to even breathe near it now.

I'm sure I'm missing just one final tweak but for the life of me I can't work out what it is. Anyone any ideas at all? Could it just be that I'm a little too low?

John

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Scratch that. Just spoke to them on the phone.

Tech Support is handled by BT Nexus in the UK (be warned, there's lots of button pushing). The telephone number is 01952 238 100 for those who might need it/don't have it/can't be bothered to look it up.

According to the guy the 8130 is the HD Plus box and the 6110 isn't, He explained them as the "Sky Plus" and the "Sky" versions. Upshot is no update required.

Also he said that I wouldn't be able to receive BBC1 HD as it's not currently FTA or there has been no official announcement to them of same. The only two HD channels I "supposed" to receive are BBC HD and ITV1 HD. I haven't tried manually adding BBC1 HD as yet, will report back once I've tried it.

Finally, he said that I should rotate my LNB to around "8 o'clock" to correct the problems with weak signal channels. After doing this it made it worse so I turned it back. It currently sits halfway between 6 and 7 o'clock.

What joy the world of satellite TV is!

John
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote