View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 18:33   #215
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Hi Arthur

Thanks for the run through, I'll give that a go.

Not sure on the age thing. I can only assume the 8130 is the newer of the two as the 6130 has an update thingy on the Ross website.

It was complete chance that I saw it in B&Q. We'd gone in for paint and there was this box sitting in the corner just all on it's own. Took it to the checkout to see how much it cost and then found out it was 15% off day as well so bargain all round.

More than pleased with the box thus far. Knowing absolutely nothing about satellite I can't believe we managed to get it working. Dishpointer site was a massive help as it had some good landmarks I could work to and was seriously amazed when the thing just burst into life. I know it's probably cheap and nasty but it'll do me as a starter system before I decide whether I want/need to upgrade in the future.

As it is working in the main I'm reluctant to fiddle with it too much unless I can be reasonably sure of getting back to where I was originally should it all go Pete Tong.

Thanks for the advice thus far. The comments on here have been a great help in giving some much needed guidance.

John
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote