View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 00:09   #9948
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I’m not saying they can’t but I also don’t find it realistic they would make a bid for the majority and somehow absorb that cost into Prime... I’m just speculating based on their current strategy of having enough to make a Prime sub worthwhile (or retain those subs). I fully expect Amazon to be in the mix but I think they’ll be after a package or two across a season that would help retain year long Prime subs.
Ah, that’s where you are coming from!

No, they would not absorb it, that would definitely not make commercial sense. They would put a separate charge on for the football, of course they would! But it might still be cheaper than Sky, who are focussed on drawing everyone to their channels.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

---------- Post added at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
They would have to pay a lot more for one of the 5 season long packages - they were virtually given the package they currently have as the EPL created it specifically for a streamer.

I agree, a season long package would help retain year long Prime subs - however the cost would outweigh the benefit, unless they charged extra for the football (this of course would defeat the object)
Why on Earth would they NOT charge extra for the footie?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote