View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 23:59   #83
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Ok, you can get over 940meg.

I've just tested this with my hub3.0, but it should work with the hub4.0 on gig1 too.

The superhub has an undocumented feature, in that the LAN ports in modem mode are in a balance-rr group. This means that with a switch or router that supports load balancing, you can connect as many of the ports as you like in one group. As this is balance-rr, it is per packet, and even a single download stream is split across the nics.

I've connected my UDM-Pro via a 10G DAC cable in WAN2 to a Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN switch, in SFPPlus3. The other SFP ports are then in a balance-rr bond, bridged with SFPPlus3. The ethernet port is connected to the LAN side of my network, for monitoring and management of the switch, in it's own bridge.

ARP must be disabled on the bond and the bridge.

SFP ports 1-2 have RJ45 1Gig sfps in, these connect to the superhub.

The UDM-Pro obtains it's WAN IP through the switch, and distributes it's wan traffic across the three SH LAN ports, meaning up to 2gbit each way.

Obviously my internet is only 350m, but I can see traffic being split across the two SFP ports during a speedtest. There is no reason I couldn't use the 3rd port to increase the balance-rr group to 3gbit, I just didn't have enough RJ45 SFPs to hand.

I'm now prepped and ready for gig1 or even 2.2gbit in modem mode.
Thanks.

It would be really helpful if there was an easy to understand diagram of this to allow other members who aren't that technically minded when it comes to networking, like me, to be able to have a go at setting this up.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote