Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 20:25   #5130
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I’ve said it before, There should be one metric and one metric only, that determines the government’s actions and that is hospitalisation rates.

Initially the only reason for restrictions being imposed was to ease pressure on the NHS.

If the NHS is not under pressure, there should be no restrictions.

But we’ve given the government too much power, they’ve been allowed to act like a totalitarian regime and they like it. They want to retain control so they move the reasoning.

It’s no longer about easing pressure on the NHS, it’ll be some other reason, keeping infection rates down to an arbitrary level, or zero Covid.

It’ll be a fight to get our freedoms and rights back, if Captain Hindsight had any sense that’s the fight he should be taking to the Government and the one he should have been doing all the way through this.
In fairness you’ve been wrong every single time you’ve said it before, so I doubt Captain Hindsight will be coming to this thread for insight into how to outflank Boris in managing the pandemic. The polls have Boris crunching Captain Hindsight into the ground and I doubt erroneous pandemic management is going to swing it.