View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 04:56   #7
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changing jobs again, hopefully

Thanks, guys. I've had the induction, and the work sounds very much like an earlier job I did for 10 years and can easily do again, so I've decided: the hell with it, since it doesn't actually affect me. It's just down to some busybody in Personnel, I suppose.

Please note my refusal to use the repulsive term 'human resources'. That term reduces people to the level of photocopiers. There's a definition of 'resource' here which sums it up nicely. Thus, e.g., a pen, a desk, a computer, or an FLT are resources.

People are people. Not objects. People. I have never used the term and never will.

You'll note from the time of posting that I am not in fact at work. That's okay, because I misheard what the agency contact said - the line was a bit crackly. She actually said I could be starting on the same date as the induction, not that I would be. Oops. They'll call me when I'm starting. The site is currently expanding, which is why they're recruiting, which is good news - it means the job is more likely to be secure and far more regular than Hermes was. I'll let you know how it goes!