View Single Post
Old 21-11-2020, 20:51   #92
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
If I close my eyes I can hear and picture that being shouted at me by a 6 year old, whilst stamping their feet.
Very good.

Quote:
I have no idea what problems she, nor any other ministers may encounter, perhaps she May encounter more problems Han her male counterparts- I don’t know. I can’t comment on her competence ( you must have some insight I don’t )
You would have been as well stopping after "I have no idea" because you don't - you're simply engaging in speculation from a narrative (without evidence) that Civil Servants were somehow either racist or sexist towards her. As you said they're male, pale and stale.

Yet you have no evidence, at all, or any of this. Yet the person who carried out the investigation and had evidence called it a breach of the Ministerial Code. I note that no Civil Servants are being referred for breaches of the Civil Service Code as a result.

I would say, and I don't meant this as a personal criticism, that the person who independently assessed the evidence is more qualified than you to reach a judgement.

In my first exchange with you today on this you managed to bring up Jeremy Corbyn. Who has absolutely nothing to do with anything. However it was clear from that point you are viewing this subject through an entirely political prism. From that point you conceded you have no genuine intenton to consider the merits of any complaint, or otherwise, simply because it's a Conservative Minister.

I guess I'm curious where would you draw the line for a Conservative Minister's conduct? What would you make the burden of proof?

And the same for a Labour minister I suppose.

Last edited by jfman; 21-11-2020 at 20:57.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote