Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 13:11   #3535
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Hugh's post #3521 shows why the above is incorrect and his subsequent post #3527 puts the nail in the coffin.
The only real question is whether we can get a bi-lateral agreement with the EU, which you and other remainers on here are convinced is impossible. I don't buy that.

I see no reason why the EU would not co-operate to the extent that it too is concerned about frictionless trade to us.

In the Washington post article that Hugh posted, the revelation is made that a protection period is possible.

'WTO Director-General Roberto Azevedo confirmed that there must be a bilateral agreement between the EU and U.K. in order to claim an implementation period under GATT Article 24. “Once they have an agreement I think Article 24 could give them some time for implementation of that agreement,” he told Bloomberg. “But the first question is the agreement itself.”

However, the defeatist attitude that so many posts on here reveal simply doesn't allow them to see the obvious. I guess they won't believe it until they see it. Only then will they shut up about the impossibility of it all and move on to a new lefty topic to promote despite all reason to the contrary.