View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 23:13   #39
arcamalpha2004

Re: Here is info and pic's of sky's vod service

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif View Post
But then you should have bought the Sky+160 if you needed the extra space. If you bought the standard version you only bought 80gb of space...so the extra stuff is a bonus.

There is the option to fit a larger HD if youre that way inclined.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by themelon View Post
This can not be marketed as Video on Demand because it is absolutely not that.

It is what its says on the tin, Sky downloading rubbish that they think you want to watch, their own 'fantastic content' and 'great tv' which the have spent (wasted) millions on. Regardless of whether you want to watch it or not. Sky+ on its own with no reserved space would be a better choice for the consumer.

I agree it looks aboslutely crap and has to be a pathetic attempt at a stop gap measure which Sky will market as fantastic Video on Demand where you can watch Lost as many times as you want......guess it will suit some. The only way Sky will offer true VOD, is a satellite/IPTV hybrid box. Judging by the trouble BT have with IPTV, I can not imagine this being a countrywide service in the next 5 years, Tiscalli aim to offer to around 5 major cities by year end (if they are lucky!).

In fairness it is only what vm are doing, downloading rubbish that THEY think you might want to watch, so sky are not isolated on that one.
What would matter to me is does it work.