View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 16:57   #1184
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s not troublemaking to scrutinise what are frankly outlandish and speculative predictions that don’t hold up when challenged.
You are pretty prone to outlandish statements yourself, jfman, and this post is typical. Why is it 'outlandish' when supporting information that leads to certain conclusions is provided? Just because you don't believe something will happen doesn't mean it won't.

Yes, of course some of my posts are speculative - so what? Many posts on this forum are. I don't need to be 'scrutinised' by you, I'm not standing for election!

You need to get off your high horse and enter into a decent debate instead of slamming everyone that comes out with an opinion on something. There is scarcely anything you ever agree with on any thread I've read where you are involved.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Worth bearing in mind that the only reason those pieces get written is for SEO. They are designed from top to bottom to paint a fast-changing vision of the future that their potential customers will naturally need marketing support in order to exploit, and to put the agency in question at the top of the Goooooogle rankings where they're easy to find and, by implication, authoritative in what they say.
I certainly agree with that, but obviously what these articles describe couldn't be that outlandish otherwise executives in the industry would not take them seriously, in which case, there would be no point.