View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 21:35   #1258
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

If people don’t subscribe to every streamer each month, which I reasonably accept, then it still adds to the precarious nature of the limited revenue in the £8-10 a month market.

If you’ve one headline series and people subscribe, binge it, dabble in a few other series here and there and cancel until next year it’s a lot of £8s you are going to need in that month to make up the business model.

It’s equally a strength of Sky/Virgin who do have the subscribers month in/month out and fairly stable revenue streams.

I do accept your point that the major studios all want to be Netflix, have that customer base (ideally without the debt) and also agree it’s too late. Netflix have first mover advantage and while their debt situation is a problem that’s just bad news for the existing shareholders. The subscriber base will always have vultures circling. I don’t think there’s space in the UK market for two Netflixs, let alone dozens.

Last edited by jfman; 27-12-2019 at 22:01.