View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 19:06   #1299
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You can not buy it all you like, that doesn't change the reality.

The Amazon on V6 thing doesn't change much to be honest. I gave an opinion on it and it went the other way. I don't have the strength of feeling you seem to think I do.
Amazon on the V6 proves that however much you argue the economics of it all don't allow it, you can be proved very wrong.

Let's watch this space and see if it happens again soon!

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
No bother at all as long as you have eyeballs looking at it, people tweeting about it and tabloids talking about it.

Take Love Island for example. I’m going to guess it’s so far beneath you I’ll make a synopsis available for the forum. The “plebs” seem to enjoy watching fellow semi attractive plebs of limited intelligence romancing, occasionally folk get voted off, but they all aspire to turn up to local nightclubs in your local towns/villages for small appearance fees.

Anyway, the mass interest in it results in people engaging with each other in real life the following morning to discuss it, at coffee machines, break out areas, on trains and in other public places. All in all it’s a bit of a menace really.

My point being it doesn’t work being dumped online at a certain time as a series. Or even nightly - tens of thousands of people engage on Twitter in a way they couldn’t unless they all hit play at the exact same time.

An EPG slot costs about 40 grand does it not? Considering you’re pushing Amazon into a £5bn TV deal with no plan to make a profit I think you can give me a pass on that one.
Well, that's £40 grand that can be saved straight away then....Next!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote