Thread: Boris Johnson
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 21:57   #79
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Labour's Direction Under Jeremy Corbyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
So where does that leave Boris? His words were rational, albeit poorly chosen.
I agree (kind of). His views but not his words were rational. Maajid Nawaz summarises the situation very well:

Quote:
This is the uniform of medieval patriarchal tyranny. It victim-blames women for their beauty. Where this is enforced it symbolises violent mysogyny. I’m not advocating banning this monstrosity but I refuse to defend it. It deserves to be ridiculed. Not the women inside it.
This is the right approach. The stress being this that this is not a criticism of the woman wearing the clothing, rather the men behind the diktat.

Boris, having subtlety surgically removed at an early age is unable to see the nuance that is needed here. His clumsy approach was and is more likely to lead to dog-whistle racism than focusing the criticism on the people really responsible for this.