View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 15:03   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
All folders empty on network PC?

I have two PC's on my home network that worked perfectly well with Windows 10 v1709 using Homegroup, I could view and edit files on both PC's.

Due to major problems with the Win 10 update on the laptop it was rolled back to v1709 until a couple of days ago.
We also had a new Hub3 fitted last week.

Retried the Win 10 v1803 update manually on the laptop and this time it seems so far to be working fine but still having problems getting the PC's to network correctly.

I solved the 'Network credentials ' problem by switching off password protected sharing on both PC's.

From my desktop I can now see the laptop on the network but when I click on the icon and then click on Users all I can see is a faded Default folder and a desktop.ini. Clicking on the Default folder shows a list of ten folders Docs, Pics etc but the are all empty???

Any suggestions?

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote