View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 01:39   #70
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Making progress now Richard

So you were offered the contractual amount but wanted more?

Again it's all down to T&C's, many utility suppliers will offer additional compensation however VM doesn't. I don't understand what point you are trying to make re electricity usage.

Here's my take on it:

I can see no reason why this issue should have been escalated. it would not be unreasonable to draw the conclusion from reading your post that perhaps your attitude towards VM is already more negative than positive and you had some preconceived ideas about entitlement. When the correct level of compensation was offered you challenged the call handler who stuck to policy which you decided did not apply to you. Perhaps there was then a bit of "Do you know who I am?" here and when you didn't get your way it all kicked off.

Whilst VM services may be your main forms of entertainment and contact with the outside world, there's still radio, mobile phones, DVD and video players which would have been more than adequate I'm sure. By having these alternatives I see no reason why you think you are entitled to more than you are contractually due.

Regards
You're making a lot of assumptions there, these are seldom correct & never helpful and, please, don't be so patronising.

As a domestic and business customer, I am entitled to decide what level of service that I want and what i'm prepared to pay for it. As a business in a commercial setting, VM are free to provide what I want at the prices i'm willing to pay (or not as the case may be). This is the very basis of the free market capitalist society in which we live.

Generally speaking, I like the V6, but want my satellite wiring to be replaced. Sky have offered to do it (along with many other sweeteners) completely free of charge if I use them instead.

I will be sticking with VM until the day comes that either of us doesn't want to do business with the other party and i'll get my satellite wiring replaced free of charge.

Nothing "kicked off ", I was simply unhappy that the call handler was not meeting my needs, lied to me and then refused to escelate the matter. If the new policy is to only offer the cost of the service lost to the penny, she wasn't wrong in stating this, but went on to exceed the scope of the authority bestowed upon her by her employer and was inappropriately rude. She seemed very reluctant to delegate the matter upwards as I also found the other month when I said that I didn't want to pay the forthcoming price rise. This is why I created this thread, as I was curious to know if VM staff are being discouraged or even penalised from letting the customer speak to a more senior member of staff. I've learnt some interesting information from some contributers with actual knowledge of how things work and am grateful to them for taking the time to post this information.

The next level up completely agreed with me, resolved matters to my satisfaction and said that they would put the mechanism in place to deal with the call handler.

Afterwards, I received a further apology in writing and a complimentary offer of all the Sky Movie channels in HD.

In essence, VM agreed that the matter was not dealt with appropriately and dealt with it accordingly. In return I will carry on using them and they'll get a lot of money/profit each month; it's simply good business practice if you think about it.

Far from putting prices up, I believe that this approach actually helps to keep prices down for everyone.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 23-10-2017 at 01:51.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote