Thread: 350M Upload woes.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 20:12   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Upload woes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBiscuit View Post
Time to go router shopping. Ugh.
Fret not. It may appear to be an inconvenience now but it is a blessing in disguise. I always had Linksys routers up and till a few years ago and I was forced to make the jump when I upgraded because my router maxed out at 200 and something megabits. I switched to Asus because Linksys were no longer a thing and I was very very pleased. I bought the ac68u and amazingly it has held its price for 4 years which speaks volumes about how good it is.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC6...s%2C158&sr=8-3

Alternatively you can look at the 86u for a few pounds more but before you splash the cash I would take a look at all the devices on your lan and their wireless capabilities and ask yourself if you would truly benefit from increased wifi speed (bearing in mind you are capped at 350mbits on the wan side anyway)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC8...XVATBB2VY&th=1

Whatever you decide, I can't emphasise enough how good Asus routers are and should be your choice going forward. When you have got a network as your described with switches, many wired devices as well as all sorts of wireless devices (phones, laptops, tablets etc) you want a router that is happy to handle all of that and do it without breaking a sweat. I have got all that plus networked Sky boxes, tv's and two NAS' and my Asus router has never ever had a single problem with it. I defo wouldn't trust the shub with all of that. It has just fainted listening to me talk about it
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote