View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 18:58   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Flakes in Washing Machine drum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
That valve should only admit air when a partial vacuum occurs as the water runs away. Stops "gurgly" plumbing. It's not sealing properly. Maybe its got some of your black gunge in it?
When i have time, maybe at the weekend i will take it off and give it a good soak in hot water, failing that buy a new one.

To me it just looks like a bit of plastic with a hole in it somewhere, not 100% sure how the water is coming out the top, maybe time for a Google.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Its just finished a cycle with Dr Beckmanns Deep Clean in it and i am happy to say not a single piece of black stuff in the drum so very happy about that, so just hopefully need to sort out a blocked vent now.