View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 16:21   #613
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Information Commissioner has received no complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Smart View Post
A journalist has contacted the Information Commissioner's office and says that the IC office have not received a single complaint about Phorm.
I contacted the ICO myself regarding this matter and was told that people had rung in and complained. However, the ICO will not act upon a complaint until they receive it in writing and then only accompanied by some evidence that the service provider has provided the complainant with related correspondence.

Basically what this means is that you contact the ISP (Virgin Media) and state your complaint/concerns. VM then reply to you with whatever (they think) will appease you. You then contact the ICO in writing with VM's response attached. The ICO then has the mechanism to act.

In view of this, you're in a catch 22 situation because firstly you have to get a response from VM - not guranteed or takes ages. Then if VM get wind of what's going on, all they have to do is to word their responses accordingly so as not to appear as the bad guy.

In the current climate, (I reckon) you'd be hard pressed to get any kind of response from VM - for just such a reason.

Si thee.