Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 11:47   #613
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Which format, what is it?

Apparently only certified 18Gbps HDMI cables will take 4K HLG/HDR at 50fps/60fps. But any cable can take HD and the other lesser 4K and HDR variants such as 24fps. It seems this is one area where the 'experts' say a cable can make the difference. Just going by several articles that I've read.

I don't normally buy into the cables thing but I've read quite a lot about HDR 50fps/60fps and the specific need for 2.0 18Gpbs HDMI cables.
Just get a high speed hdmi cable for less than £10 as that is what i am using, if you know you're using a crappy HDMI cable that isn't marked as high speed. But you need to establish if you have the option to even view the UHD feed on the BBC iplayer Beta first before wasting your money on cable, to do this go to the settings in iplayer and change it to the Beta, then the UHD football feed should appear on the main page, if your TV is compatible.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Is there a way of loading up the Iplayer app quickly on the V6 without having to go in the menus all the time?

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I've given up using iplayer for it as it has dropped the sound again and my TV upscales HD beautifully to 4K where i can't really see any difference on my screen size.