View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 11:32   #48
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Welsh 16 year olds get the vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post

So, are the young more easily influenced than the old? By influenced, I mean more likely to change their mind on who to vote for. Probably yes but the question is why? I can think of a few reasons;
  • Using a broader church of media reduces confirmation bias
  • Use of the resources such as the internet allows a deeper level of fact checking
  • Interaction with a broader demographic (see this forum as a good example)
  • Political advertising can be targeted or 'pushed' to the audience
Influencing has become so much easier and far reaching due to the magic of the internet and TV.

We are all targeted by influencing all day long, but the 'older' generation have learned (by experience) that much of it is just a con job.

Political influencing is no different to the bombardment of product advertising that hits us whenever we turn something on, they're just trying to 'sell' you a person/promise/idea instead of a product . . actually no, most political parties are now a product too

It's up to the individual and their mindset, coupled with prior experience, which is usually the factor in deciding whether a 'product' is worth all the hype thrown at you about it.

Younger people - in my opinion - are more easily swayed by bull pooh than those who have experienced treading in it a few times

edit: see sig below
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote