View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 18:46   #37
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Welsh 16 year olds get the vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Again, only if you take your initial premise as true (which I don't), and then accept your secondary premise (which, again, I don't).

I believe that wisdom comes from self-insight (the ability to understand that you don't know everything), and anything you do know could be proven incorrect by different information and understandings, self-awareness of yourself in the context of the era you live in and and your family history (as we are all shaped by our experiences), understanding that priorities and values(including your own) are not absolute, and an awareness of life’s ambiguities.

tl:dr - we don't know everything, we should realise we don't know everything, we should try to always learn more, and try not to think in absolutes.

ymmv
.... and there we have it: wisdom.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote