View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 19:44   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: network dying using torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty2K16 View Post
Well, when it cuts out i cannot access any network features and pings to the superhub time out till it "magically" comes back up.
that's not the network or the shub going down though, it is a process or the nic dying on the pc. Your network is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty2K16 View Post
I was being stubborn in using Win 7 right up till they stopped supporting it and my only other option was Win 8.1
me to, I left it right to the last minute and made the switch to Windows 10. There was no way I was going to install Windows 8.

As a side note, have you had a look at your system resources when it happens? I am just wondering if when your nic gets to a certain load it kills the ram or cpu or something. Next time it happens take a look at Task Manager or Resource Monitor. If Windows is actually showing you losing your network connection you could have a look at Event Viewer as well to see if it is generating any errors.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote