View Single Post
Old 16-10-2021, 16:00   #27
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Why TV only customers are only allowed to have an old Tivo box

One thing I do find with the Tivo box is that you do have to reboot it every few weeks as bit by bit the quality of the playback on YouTube gets worse with freezing and picture stuttering and eventually it become unwatchable until you reboot it with a switch-on and switch-off of the box. I don't see it as a fault, just as an annoyance.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Youtube will stream at what your broadband will allow. If you only have 10mb then the stream will suit that.

10Mb is NOT good enough for some good quality HD. You need nearly 30mb for one live 4k tv stream.

https://www.cable.co.uk/broadband/gu...and-streaming/
Thank you for your reply.

Back on topic, I believe the boxes have a 10mb connection which should mean that things like Amazon Prime would work perfectly well. After all, Netflix is available so I don't understand why Amazon Prime to the Tivo box, especially given that it has its own EPG number?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote