Thread: General New TV advice
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 13:26   #15
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: New TV advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I woudn't buy a TV from Currys, get it from a proper shop like Richer Sounds, John Lewis etc you will get a better warranty, go into the shops and talk to the staff, don't rush into it whatever you do.

Get one that supports atleast HDR10 which is a 10bit panel if i remember correctly, it is possible technology has got better since i bought mine last year though, but get atleast a 10bit panel.
This sounds like good advice. Hopefully Currys have upped their game since I last purchased from them, their after sales service used to be dreadful.
I think you can have HDR10 sets which are 8 bit +2 dithering, i'm told the visual difference is very subtle compared to true 10 bit. Not sure there is better than 10 bit available to mainstream buyers, though i could be wrong.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote