View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:50   #1063
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They're trolling the Daily Mail. Both in suggesting this will happen after they privatise the rail networks but also referencing a Chairman Mao quote. An actually pretty dodgy quote at that. The 'a hundred flowers will bloom' is a reference to this campaign by Mao where he temporary allowed criticism of his regime only for many of those who did to later find themselves targetted.

The ban itself isn't so much but a commercial decision not to sell the Mail they're dressing up for PR purposes. Virgin are allowed to choose which papers they stock.
But by doing so, they are being very political. I don’t read any newspaper, but I do not agree on censorship of this kind. We all have our different views on immigration, it does need tighter control, the U.K. cannot sustain hundreds of thousands of people coming here every year. People who claim this is xenophobia are talking nonsense. People who claim it’s racist, are equally doing the same.

This is Branson probably throwing a pathetic tantrum, because of Brexit, which he venomously opposed and he is likely using the Mail as a scapegoat.

Tim Farron had his views on gay sex, but I didn’t see anyone suggesting he should be banned from anywhere. It’s hypocrisy again, at it’s highest form from some liberals.