View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017, 12:41   #9
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Although 2018 looks like being a bad year for new channels, and we will almost certainly lose one or two as you say, I am hoping that there will be better news in respect of on demand and apps.

I have a suspician - no more than that - we could see UHD on demand programming coming to our V6 boxes this spring/summer (in what quantity I do not know) and the addition of more apps, including Amazon.

I also think that Sky Atlantic will be on all boxes in 2019, but spitefully, in SD only.

I would not rule out seeing AMC as part of a new wholesale deal with BT in 2019. Hopefully, we can get the HD version of that.
We think if AMC doesn't go onto more platforms then it might be a gonner in 2018,
regarding SKY Atlantic in HD that'll be down to BT and VM the option is there.
What i think we will see is a growth in online services and apps, also we have heard rumblings of vm testing 1gb broadband speeds too.