View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 16:18   #212
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, it is far superior in my view. The fact that I can have two boxes in different rooms, connected by wifi only, and able to play recordings on the other box, is fantastic. It is lightning fast and loads all the apps extremely quickly, with no buffering. The picture is superb and with twelve tuners (6 on each), recording clashes are a thing of the past.
You've pretty much described what I had in November 2012 with my legacy TiVos minus the extra tuners and the app loading speed.

I've perhaps muddied my point by highlighting what I'm not happy with.

But I'll re-iterate again; If I take a working legacy TiVo box and a working V6 and draw a comparison, ignoring any issues with either, I don't find the V6 far superior, it's a better experience but it should be the least we should expect. I see the V6 as a costly hardware solution to a software problem....but I'd still recommend it to anyone thinking of upgrading but more to get people onto an expected level of performance as opposed to take them to the next level of TV entertainment (and I'll fully acknowledge the former may be more than enough for most).

What I would concede is the performance is far superior to the legacy boxes as they are now but it's just frustrating they let the legacy boxes get so bad.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote