View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 18:22   #67
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Films have only gotten better, as has TV, in my view.

Most of the artistic skills/forms in making a film or a television show are rather new and they are continuing to grow and evolve. Obviously the telling of a story isn't new but how to write a screenplay, how to shoot it, how to act and direct it, and how to accompany it with a musical score are all less than a 100 years old at most. I have seen a number of 'classic' Hollywood films and they don't strike me as much better than some more modern films. They are good and no doubt hugely influential but their legacies were then further built on by more modern day film makers.

The main change seems to be an increasing amount of sequels and franchises as a result of films become more commercially driven but this isn't new nor bad. The studios need the income and they do help finance the risk studios take in more niche films. Franchises aren't new either and exist in other mediums. How many times has Shakespeare, Jane Austin or Sherlock Holmes been 'rebooted'. There never seems to be a year in which a theatre company isn't doing another version of a Shakespeare play or when ITV/BBC has get another poxy adaptation of Sense and Sensibility. We're never to far from a Dicken's TV movie either...
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote