View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 17:41   #66
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Yes,that's me and me alone!

Sorry,but the way I see you are solely concentrating on the negative.Dare I suggest to you that cinema has never been more exciting than it is today?

We get Digital,high frame rates,3D,2K,4K,Dolby Atmos and so on. Cinema is going through the biggest technological Revolution and you're saying it's stale and boring?
There are more independent films than ever and there's plenty of fresh and original films out there. It sounds to me like you're looking to Hollywood and expecting Indie Films. I think you need to look elsewhere.....

I'll also say this: Wether it's your rose-tinted good old days ( ) or today,this is he Film Business ,first and foremost,not the Film Charity!

Everybody has mortgages and bills to pay and investors want their money back. That's the game,and that has always been the case.Or do you think Gone with the Wind,Rear Window and French Connection were made purely for the Love of Art? I promise you they were not.

To me,right now is the Golden Age of Cinema,never ben a better time to get involved and break into the Industry. Costs have come down to such an extent and distribution models are changing so rapidly,there's more Indie fare than ever,all you have to do is look for it.

Totally agree,there has been awful dross in all ages....
Well the film industry have only got themselves to blame.Even Brad Pitt says the days of ridiculous earnings are past..and I too have increasing costs..as have all consumers of the film industry..If they want my money they are going to have to do better.If you are happy with the state of the industry then that's fine for you..But I suspect I'm not on my own in my opinions.