View Single Post
Old 13-05-2014, 10:01   #1189
tizmeinnit

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Benefits are a small percentage of what tax gets spent on. There are plenty of other areas where the government wastes money.

I hit the highest tax bracket 15 years ago and hated as much as the next man the fact so much was taken from my salary. Before then I let someone else be on call sometimes to stop myself hitting the limit and end up with less money due to the extra tax percentage. So doing things to maximise your cash is natural but the extremely wealthy go way beyond that with their avoidance and it's not right they end up paying such a small percentage of tax compared to someone on an average wage.

The playing field is unbalanced in favour of the wealthy.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

It's because those in genuine need or ill get lumped together with the fraudsters and whenever benefit fraud is discussed, which demonises those who have done no wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Most of the welfare bill goes to pensioners. Next stereotype please.
exactly people seem to think all the money goes to the sick and unemployed. Well those who think that are morons.

As Ig says the state pension as I have stated countless times and got the same well we earned it response costs tens of billions more than the sick and unemployed

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
I'm sorry but benefit theft will prevent people from getting the help they need, avoiding tax is one thing. But actively stealing from a fund put in place to help the sick, disabled and those in need is lower than low.

Tax avoidance is also wrong, but benefit fraud really is stealing from the sick and ill. An do you really think this £69 billion will go to the welfare budget? No like you said it will plug holes. So stealing benefits is still a bigger issue.
avoiding tax stops the country getting what it needs stealing from the sick and ill elderly and poor