View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 21:20   #91
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Upstream channel bonding: Any plans to bond more than 2?

Nope. I am lying in bed watching star trek atm so i cant dig out all the technical gumpf for you but qam64 offers a 50% increase in throughput over qam16. I can use any arbritray numbers for the sake of example. Say you have got two qam16's doing 20mbits each, that is 40mbits for the bonded pair. If you upgrade those channels to qam64 you are looking at 30mbits each and 60 for the pair. If however you keep them at qam16 and add a further two channels then you are looking at 80mbits for the bondings group. Like i said, that is rough numbers for an example but mathematically four qam16's give you 33% higher throughput than two qam64's.

Edit: damn you seph, i just spent 5 mins typing that out on my phone :p
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote