View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:07   #9
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Apple Carplay or Android Auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
In my opinion using Android Auto Google maps is much better on the car's screen than it is on the phone. The next instruction is in a blue box on the left hand side of the screen. Very easy to follow.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

I can't believe I wrote that previous post as normally I bore everyone by droning on about how we should use a map to find our way like the olden days. While it worries me that youngsters tend to have no idea what is north and what is south because of their dependence on Satnav I have to say that Android Auto with Google maps on a Vauxhall Astra takes the stress out of finding your way. I say that after having to find a back Street in Walthamstowe to drop off my niece who has absolutely no sense of direction
You do make a good point about being a slave to technology! It is best to always keep a map in the car but it is, in all honesty, a poor substitute to what technology offers you ..