View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:58   #3
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Apple Carplay or Android Auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Have a 2017 Focus which has Sync 3 with SatNav.

When I get in my car and strt it, it automatically launches Andriod Auto on my Note 8 (BlueTooth is on 24/7 due to smart watch), it also enables me to send and receive calls and converts texts to speech.

The Google maps bit is only enables if I plug the phone directly in to one of the cars USB ports.

You can then use the cars controls to as you would if you didn't have the phone plugged in.

I don't plug it in as the car has built in satnav and I have 2 127GB sticks with music on in both USB slots.

I do remember that you can exit/enter the "take over" google interface on my system by pressing a icon on the touchscreen.

If I remember I'll use it tomorrow, but at 6:40am my brain is on autopilot.

The good thing with google part is I can press the speak button and simply say Go home etc and it will launch the satnav and route.
This sounds quite neat. I have an iPhone which complicates things. I am wondering if I can plug in an old Android phone I have (Moto G) for the Android Auto but still pair my iPhone via BT for the phone calls.

Getting complicated ..