Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 18:20   #198
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 500mb Question

To be fair I can't see how that can apply to Roughbeast because they have designed it to make it applicable and usable only by customers who have a standalone mobile contract and there is no way roughbeast could use that as a tool to plan in advance. If your sim is part of a bundle then it doesn't have a cost. It is the same as when I tried ringing up years ago to ask them how much my BB costs because I was shopping around comparing prices and they told me they couldn't give me a cost because it is in a bundle with tv and phone and I pay for the bundle which costs £xxx.

I hope this is something they are going to be challenged on anyway because I have just used the calculator out of curiosity to see if putting in the bundle cost could be used as an argument to justify the data limit but if you put in £100/month with a normal 50gb allowance that only gives you 42gb under the FUP which is about 1.5gb/day which is shit. You can't say something is unlimited and then cap people to 1.5gb/day. If I ever got charged for anything I would be straight off to Ofcom and the ASA and say when they send you the contract through and any correspondence the onus is them on make it crystal clear that "the "unlimited" service has a user specific data limit based on monthly rental and your data limit is ....." This is just as bad as back in 2009 when VM advertised unlimited BB but sent customers letter saying they were using it too much.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote