View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:40   #1051
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Only Germany is a higher net payer than us.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318
I was careful to say as a proportion of GNI rather than absolute amount. Yes, only Germany is a larger net contributor in absolute amounts but other countries pay a larger proportion of their GNI. If you measured as a proportion of GDP, then Sweden, Germany and The Netherlands are higher than us.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What are us lot playing at?

How rude.

I'd have told everyone who asked that stupid question in that meeting you had, exactly what I thought of them, I would not have given a shit who they were and what grade of pay they were on or whether they were CEO's.
Yeah, I kinda like my job but also these conversations were informal chats at break times rather than an official company policy and, let's be honest, does anyone, regardless of their Brexit persuasion, think the process is going well and exactly as planned?

I also subscribe to Carl Sagan's quote - "There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question"