View Single Post
Old 26-12-2016, 14:38   #3513
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The Queen 'said she backed Brexit' in run-up to EU referendum
Laura Kuenssberg, the BBC's political editor, said she was told about the alleged comment months before the eventual appearance of The Sun's "Queen backs Brexit" headline in March.

Ms Kuenssberg said that her "jaw hit the floor" when an unnamed contact told her that the Queen had told a private lunch that she could not see why Britain could not simply leave the EU.

The BBC political editor told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "In a casual chat with one of my contacts, they said 'Do you know what? At some point this is going to come out, and I'm telling you now and I don't know if the BBC would touch it, but the Queen told people at a private lunch that she thinks that we should leave the EU'.
[url]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/brexit-latest-news-queen-said-she-backed-uk-leaving-eu-a7495926.html
It's what most people suspected I think. The Sun went with that story before based on what people assumed was a leak from Gove. She is right not to report it based on a single source though, people expect less from The Sun and they openly advocated for Leave anyway. The BBC reporting the Queen backing Brexit would have been a bigger story and one they would have been risky to report based on the say-so of one person.

EDIT: To be clear I am not saying they're the same source.

Last edited by Damien; 26-12-2016 at 14:43.