View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 20:46   #130
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
America worries me a bit. They didn't have a full screening and testing program as, to their credit, our Government did and they're having more infections from people who didn't travel and a high amount of deaths to the number infected. Suggests they don't have a handle of the proper numbers
I have family and friends over there, and the big worry is that the cost of testing, especially if you have no insurance, or a large co-pay or high deductible, means that people aren't reporting sick, and often going to work (because, and especially if you are in the service sector, you don't get many "sick days" or sick pay).

I think that, in the US, it will be under-reported, and that people with it will still be going to work (and as I said, in the service sector, such as shop assistants, restaurant workers, taxi drivers, etc.), and will have contact with lots of people.

Which is fun, because we are flying to Miami on Friday...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 04-03-2020 at 20:49.