Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 05:49   #4366
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What ridiculous assumptions you make and what utter twaddle you come out with. I will not take part any more in this ridiculous nonsense.

This country is now in an impossible position because of the undemocratic activities of remainers and you have no practical solutions of your own - none of you do.

I'm out.
That’s a shame you don’t wish to participate in discussion. I’ve told you and others that the warning signs were there politically that there wasn’t a will in Parliament to see this through.

I can understand your frustrations at the Brexit dream potentially dying, but that’s not actually a reason to dismiss my points out of hand.

I’ve said before leaving the EU requires strong government, a clear aim in negotiations and a lead in period of years to minimise economic impact. If we established our position 18 months ago and stuck to it businesses would have three years to prepare. Instead we are sitting three months before Brexit day weighing up a bad deal, no deal, Parliament wanting a role in negotiations and an increasing sense we may remain.

We are in this problem because no Government prepared for the possibility of a leave vote and we triggered A50 too quickly. The people voted, corruption aside, to leave the EU. They didn’t say “leave the EU as soon as possible with little/no preparations with a deal negotiated on the back of a cigarette paper at the last minute after three Brexit secretaries”.

I wouldn’t describe the country as in an impossible situation. There’s a very easy way out.