View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 14:21   #8
Fitzer
cf.member

Fitzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Before I re-jig my set up a quick question

Thanks both, the lure of the sun was too great so back to it today. To recap, the V6 box was a replacement for a V box which would shortly have been unsupported. Both the Tivo & V6 are live and have coax connections, they are also both attached to powerlines, the Tivo via a powered network switch as it is still in its original place under the TV and there are multiple things with network connections. Things then get a little tricky in that the SH2 is/was running in modem mode as I am using my Apple Time Capsule as router and backup device for the household computers so the powerline is connected to one of its LAN ports. The Tivo can see the V6 and can stream recordings from it as can the TV Control apps on iPhone & iPad. The same apps can see the Tivo and act as remote controls and can see the recordings but have no option to play them other than via the TV, when I click on setttings in the app I don’t get a streaming option which I do when I use the same app to connect to the V6. I have tried connecting the powerline to the SH (having re-enabled the ports) but still no joy and also then can’t see the Time Capsule. As such I’m back where I started, the V6 is in the bedroom where the old V box was and is now recording new shows etc. Eventually, when the Tivo has all been watched (hah, fat chance!) I may switch them over but until then I have given up (probably)
Fitzer is offline   Reply With Quote