View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 21:22   #1385
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why do you think his voters aren't? I don't think that is clear at all. Certainly you could say that the voters in a lot of Labour seats are largely Leave but Labour's voters in those seats are often disproportionately Remain.

See here for an example of this: https://www.britishelectionstudy.com.../#.Xai8zC-ZM61

I think the bigger problem for Corbyn is how he is going to square the argument that he only wanted to avoid a No Deal Brexit after he votes against a Brexit Deal. This'll be electoral catnip for the Tories. The Liberal Democrats don't have this problem - they just hate Brexit - but if Brexit passes then their big electoral card might go away.
We wouldn’t Know until we have an election, but my feeling is Labour would end up only a force within the M25