View Single Post
Old 17-11-2021, 00:00   #7
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Tv switching itself off randomly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
When my TV switched itself on randomly, it turned out that I needed new batteries in my remote control. I’d try changing them first to see if that does the trick.
Good shout oldboy i havent changed them in years as i always use my virgin remote...ill give that a go. If this has actually caused it then I’ll laugh my head off haha. I cant be this lucky surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
If you have an external freeview box or sky or android device you could just use a 32" 4K monitor
Nah only virgin media sadly! I basically live in my boxroom and I’ve got a computer right next to my tv table so there isn’t much room to play with haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It may not be switching off. The display can go blank if it's resetting the HDCP or having EDID conflicts.
I’m not sure what any of this means? I don’t think my tv is new enough to have any of these but I’m completely ignorant! Turned itself off before and didn’t turn on for about 40 seconds before finally the red light kicked in and it came back on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Check cables and try others. The age tells me it could well be on its way out
Does it actually turn itself off ?? if so I would guess power supply
Aye yep red light disappears and the tv has switched itself off. Been a really good tv too!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote