View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 18:42   #7991
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

[QUOTE=OLD BOY;35943996]Why do you see streaming itself to be a gamble? If the Sky Sports channels and BT no longer showed Premiership football, wouldn't most subscribers simply move to the streaming service?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

But would they? How many people get Sky/BT sports for the premier league and how many watch it because they already have sports packages.

Even if 80% subscribe to streaming how much would each person have to pay to get as much money as PL do from Sky/BT then the streaming company would have to collect that money, advertise, pay for filming of each match.

I have a feeling streaming would be a disaster.

Don't forget Sky and BT have been paying a fortune per match to show the games - they treat it as a loss leader to keep people subscribing to the Sports Packages (don't forget you also have to pay for the basic channels most don't watch.

I know I wouldn't subscribe to BT Sports for the football, I only do for the Premiership Rugby and Cricket.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote