View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 13:43   #7987
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Streaming is most definitely the future, Raider, but that wasn't my point.

The issue is whether they can make at least the same amount of money as BT and Sky make for the PL and whether they have the expertise to pull it off. Your last paragraph summarises that point for me!
That's the problem with streaming IMO - getting enough revenue in to recover rights costs.

Streaming may be the future - probably not for sports anytime soon - too big a gamble.

I would love to know how many UK viewers have subscribed to watch NRL via streaming - at £22pm I suspect not to many, especially when 2 or 3 of the 8 games are shown live each week on sky (no extra cost if you already have sky sports)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote